The success of creating inclusive education as a key to establishing inclusive societies depends on agreement among all relevant partners on a common vision supported by a number of specific steps to be taken to put this vision into practice.
The move towards inclusion is a gradual one that should be based on clearly articulated principles that address system-wide development and multi-educational sectoral approaches involving all levels of society.
The project will reduce the barriers to inclusion through active collaboration between, education personnel and other stakeholders, including the active involvement of policy-makers, members of the local community, such as political and religious leaders, local education officials and the mass media.
Direct target groups:
- Pedagogical staff at early childhood and schools: teachers, trainers, head teachers, principals, headmasters, resource tutors
- Social and youth workers
- Non-governmental organisations
- Educational planners / Policy makers – local educational authorities, municipality departments on inclusive education policies, dedicated departments at Ministry of education and science, Ministry of youth and sports etc.
- Students with disabilities
- Non-disabled students
- Families (Family members of students with disabilities)
Start date: 31 January 2019
Final date: 30 January 2022
Duration: 36 months